This is RJ Jats from Radio CF – “Fresh, Flexible, fun & Futuristic”. Before we move ahead, I need a smile on your face and want you to start playlist of your favourite songs. ;).
I have seen an observed so many discussion and views about generation whY being selfish and lost generation. It might not hurt me if it’s a talk within the group of friends, but these discussion are going on at official platforms and this is leading me to ask a question on fundamental intension of having these kind of discussions.
When I look into the age bar of people seating in parliaments globally, doing jobs in government, international organization and so on, I really feel weird on how our generation is lost generation while they are busy taking decision and actions which leads to struggle of political, economic and social human existence.
This kind of talks and discussion at bigger platform reminds me the words by young Jake Jones (UK) “our children will hold us accountable through negligence for the state of the world … and they will right”.
I thought so many times that why the topic of “generation y is lost generation” is coming in centre at discussion point of big official gathering. I wish to give response to those people who thinks generation Y is lost generation saying “Yes we are generation lost”.
Yes, we are generation lost because:
- We are more worried about environment issues and trying to fix it and having solution oriented approach;
- We are doing volunteerism for few hours a day/week to start and implement good things;
- We are more concern about impact based solutions on social issues and believe in giving more energy, time and talent for it;
- We are focusing on making a difference and coming together to make things better than before;
- We are moving out from our comfort zone and trying to make this world a better place to live;
- We don’t want to do things which we don’t like to do and take stand against it + follow our hearts.
Yes, we are generation Lost because:
- We are trying to focus on rectifying things instead of just speaking about it in parliament, political speeches, events and conferences;
- We are the generation who is fighting for having more honest, happy, non - corrupt and transparent government;
- We have guts to speak in front of anyone and don’t want to carry the mistakes for lifetime. We are shifting from “Fear based culture” to “living the truth based culture”;
- We are not accepting things as it is and we developed our habit of asking fundamental questions;
- We have dreams of helping people and making earth and human life beautiful than just having dream of making money. Basically we are idiots who are not focusing on more money and relaxed jobs;
Yes, we are generation Lost because:
- We are being change makers and taking things in our hands even it seems impossible for good cause;
- We are ignored constantly and still we are not sitting back and standing right in front;
- We don’t ask questions like change makers are coming from which country, which background, which age and so on. We just focusing on their intensions and coming together as one;
- We are the generation who is focusing on cleaning the mess created by people till date;
- We don’t focus on hurting each other for problems coming since 100s of years but we have guts to forgot and forgive for our future generations;
- We are those idiots who are thinking and considering ourselves as responsible for good or bad or future generations.
And list is too long..
Yes we are generation lost because, youth like...
Aik Heng Yap (Singapore) think that “Global problems will stay there until we don’t find better ways to work together.”;
Ivan Repenko (Russia) thinks “Don’t live in past, live in present and build the future you want to live in”;
Ana Hederih (Slovenia) believes “people will need to realize that it is in their own best interest to start caring for other people”;
Milica Shulevska (Macedonia) believes “a leaders should be honest, practical and willing to listen to what every person has to say and consider that opinion as option.”;
Kayode Nubi (Nigeria) believes “Together we are masterpiece”;
Milos Popovic (Montenegro) believes “Stereotypes are the basis for prejudice. They represent wall against mutual human understanding”;
Gergana Tyaneva (Bulgaria) believes “instead of cursing the dark, be the first one to light a candle”.
Carolyn Martin believe that “if managers could learn how to harness their energy an coach them effectively, these young employees have the potential to become the highest producing generation ever”;
Ziga Vavpotic believes “most innovative place will be society which will invest in youth";
Andreja Kodrin believes that “having vision means survival, especially when it is backed by a great generation of youth, whose consciousness about the planet and determination for change can drive us forward. This young leaders are not waiting for the future to come, they have already started the change.";
One more example of visionary youth. During student life of Shweta Birla (India) she won 50 Euros prize and decided to donate for girl child education. It's small deed but her vision is “education to girl means education to family because today’s girls are tomorrow’s mother. So we are secure about our future generation.”
If you can’t understand her then she is part of generation lost and all the people who is living what I am saying above are member of generation lost.
RJ Jats is signing off with 1 last quote from the Future book and 1 simple question,
“We live in world where irrational generalizations hamper the potential and love among all humankind. “
Share your heart (don’t think much before writing) and write what you feel like after reading this article.
Do you have anything to say to those who believe that we are generation lost?
Eagerly waiting to hear from you & your RJ Jats is waiting for your words. Because your words are not just words, it's story for me.
The article is in alignment with Action Team 12: Wilde Dreams Chronicles