This time I am writing as common man who is confuse with whatever happening in Libya. I am not blaming anyone, or not telling who is right or wrong. I was just confused after my research.
All over the world you will find Gandhi & anti Gandhi people, football & anti football people as well as vegetarian & non vegetarian people. Same way we can predict that in Libya there must be Gaddafi & anti Gaddafi people.
Few months’ back, I heard in media about issues of Libya, and was thinking that – people of Libya must be suffering from education, health, environment, energy, overall development issues. Adding to that I thought its desert so must be issues related to food and drinking water as well.
I was speechless when I came to know about the real facts. I heard totally opposite in media so thought it must be fake data and started my research. We are action team from 6 countries so I thought to compare all countries with Libya and I shared my full research with our team. Here I am sharing comparison of India & Libya only.
Comparison between India and Libya - (Old data but easy to compare and understand)
- 2006, Income / person (GDP/Capita - $) 2300 11305
- 2007, Subsistence income per person ($) 6 26
- 2010, Human Development Index 0.519 0.755
- 2007, Cell phones (per 100 people) 21 73
- 2008, Internet users(per 100 people) 4.5 5.1
- 2005, Car, bus, truck (per 1000 people) 12 (year 2002) 257
- 2006, Gasoline Price ($ / Lts) 1.01 0.13
- 2006, CO2 emission (Tons/person) 4.7 1.6
Surprisingly, they are FAR ahead than India, so I thought to analyze whether people were not educated or what?
- 2005, Literacy Rate (adults) 64% 86%
- 2005, Literacy Rate (Youth) 80% 98%
- Girl : Boys ratio 91 108
I was shocked again, I thought let me check their health part, Libya Government may be not taking care of people, something might wrong there.
- Life expectancy (in years) 63 74
- 2006, Child Mortality (Dying / 1000 people) 74 32
- Maternal Death, No (% of total population) 68310 (0.006%) 58 (0.001%)
- Infant Mortality (rate / 1000 birth) 54 16
- 2007, Malnutrition 44% 5.6%
- Government contribution on Health Spending /person 19.3% 70.0%
Now its height, is it so that their people are crazy or Government of Libya is harassing people, so checked other data… here is the facts
- 2005, Murder (per 1 Lac People) 6.3 3.2
- 2004, Burns (per 1 lac people) 14 4.2
- 2004, Drowning (per 1 lac people) 6.7 2.5
- 2004, Falls (per 1 lac people) 12 3.6
- 2004, Poisoning (per 1 lac people) 8.9 2.5
- 2004, Suicide Men (per 1 lac people) 23 5.1
- 2004, Suicide Women (per 1 lac people) 14 4.2
This analysis is killing me to know the reason behind attack, I realized yes it might be desert, water and food issue and I came to know about world’s biggest irrigation project famous as “man made project” – According to official website it is the largest underground network of pipes (2820 km) and aqueducts in the world for WATER (remember not for oil). It consists of more than 1,300 wells, more than 500 m deep, and supplies 6,500,000 m3 of fresh water per day with an investment of 33 Billion $.
Man made project video
This is an alert for us to understand the value of authenticity of news. These days news is often partly or fully different from the real facts.
This research is not about India but about the world. Check your country’s facts with Libya I
received this doc via email from a friend of mine from Sri Lanka, Bhagya Senaratne.
Youth and education systems at large has to take responsibility for authenticity and on how to
utilize media. Now it’s up to you from which perspective you wanted to see it because I am
responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Must see video
What can we do as individuals? : follow the facts, do research and check the authenticity before
we believe or spread anything.
Lots of love!