This is RJ Jats from Radio CF, Fun – Flexible – Fresh –and Futuristic. It’s time to start your favorite songs playlist and enjoy listening to my article with your eyes. Here we go!
This article was inspired by one quote in the Future Book, which says:
"We need to learn from the mistakes that brought about the current economic crisis and base our future development on innovation, increased corporate responsibility, mutual trust and respect for the environment in which we live and depend on. Across all sectors, future managers will need a different set of tools to cope with unfamiliar norms, rules, and expectations that emerge from globalization." Jan Muehlfeit, Chairman Europe, Microsoft Coprporation, Czech Republic
Institute for the future (IFTF) and University of Phoenix Research Institute came with a report called future work skills 2020. They came up with 6 change drivers that emerged from the research as the most important and relevant to future work skills. For the detailed report please click here.
What are the 10 skills that are needed in future workforce?
1) Sense Making: Ability to determine the deeper meaning or significance of what is being expressed.
2) Social Intelligence: Ability to connect with others in a deep and direct way, to sense and stimulate reactions and desired interactions.
3) Novel & adaptive thinking: Proficiency at thinking and coming up with solutions and responses beyond that which is rote or rule based.
4) Cross – Cultural competency: Ability to operate in different cultural settings
5) Computational thinking: Ability to translate vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and to understand data-based reasoning.
6) New media literacy: Ability to critically assess and develop content that uses new media forms, and to leverage these media for persuasive communication.
7) Trans-disciplinary: Literacy in, and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines.
8) Design mindset: Ability to represent and develop tasks and work processes for desired outcome.
9) Cognitive load management: Ability to discriminate and filter information for importance, and to understand how to maximize cognitive functioning using a variety of tools and techniques.
10) Virtual collaboration: Ability to work productively, drive engagement, and demonstrate presence as a member of virtual team.
Out of these 10, how many skill do you have? Share your skills and give feedback about the show.
The Workforce is Changing rapidly - How Will You Manage?